MGA Member COVID-19 Waiver
Markham Group of Artists (hereafter MGA) is taking precautionary measures for its fall/winter 2020/2021 programming in the light of the COVID-19 pandemic and the risks posed by this virus. Please carefully read the following waiver, which we are asking you to agree to prior to attending any of our events, meetings, or workshops.
By attending any or all of the fall and winter activities, I acknowledge the contagious nature of the COVID-19 virus and my own responsibility in maintaining my own health and in helping prevent the spread of the virus to MGA members.
I further acknowledge that MGA has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
I further acknowledge that MGA cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with the COVID-19 virus. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by the COVID-19 virus may result from the actions of persons attending and that I accept those risks.
Prior to attending any in-person MGA activity, event, workshop, or meeting, I agree that:
- I will wear a mask at any indoor event.
- I am in good health and am not experiencing any COVID-19 or flu symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle ache, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
- I have not traveled internationally within the last 14 days. I have not traveled to a highly impacted area within Canada or the United States of America in the last 14 days.
- I have no knowledge of being exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the COVID-19 virus.
- I have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 virus.
- I am following all Canadian and provincial public health recommended guidelines and am limiting my exposure to the COVID-19 virus.
MGA Comprehensive Waiver
When registering to become a member of Markham Group of Artists (MGA), I hereby release and agree to hold MGA harmless from, and waive on behalf of myself, my heirs, and any personal representatives any and all causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses and compensation for damage or loss to myself and/or property that may be caused by any act, or failure to act of MGA or that may otherwise arise in any way in connection with any services received from MGA. I understand that this release discharges MGA from any liability or claim that I, my heirs, or any personal representatives may have against the group with respect to any bodily injury, illness, death, medical treatment, or property damage or loss including artwork that may arise from, or in connection to, any services received from MGA. This liability waiver and release extends to the group together with all officers, executives, and group members.