Call for Submission
VIEWPOINTS 2022 June 1 — August 15, 2022
Viewpoints are not only about perspectives, but also the times and places in which we experience transition; the moments we pivot and reground in new realities or remember what we’ve left behind.
MGA artists, please send us your artworks and show us your Viewpoints on what has captures your imagination and spirit.
The Markham Group of Artists invites all MGA members to submit up to 3 paintings to VIEWPOINTS 2022, a juried exhibition to be held at the
McKay Art Centre from June 1-12 and will also be featured on the MGA website from June 1 - August 15. All paintings will be posted and promoted on the MGA’s Instagram and Facebook sites.
MGA is honoured to have well-known Curator, Anik Glaude of the Varley Gallery, serve as the juror and cash prizes will be awarded. Artists whose work has been accepted will be notified by May 28th. Artwork drop off at the McKay Art Centre will take place on Tuesday morning, May 31th from 9 am - 12 pm only. Painting sales will be handled at the McKay Gallery from June 1-12 and by the artists following that. The show opens on June 1st. The official opening and Awards Ceremony will take place on June 2 beginning at 7:00 pm.
not previously exhibited in an MGA juried show
enter a maximum of three (3) pieces of work in the show
1. The entry fee is $25 for the first two (2) paintings. You may enter a third painting for an additional $5.
2. Entry fees are payable by credit card online during the submission process.
3. All details on the registration form must be completed before work is submitted. Once the jury process is complete, no changes can be made to this information.
4. Works may be submitted from 3 am on May 9 until 11:59 pm on May 23, EST. (The website may list PST, but this will correspond with the stated entry times)
5. We ask that you add a sentence about your work and any contact information you wish (website, email, phone). This information will be listed with each painting on the website and on the MGA social media platforms. Please give each painting a unique name eg.Untitled paintings by the same artist must be differentiated in some way.
6. MGA will process sales during the McKay Art Centre show and retain 20% of the sale. If you sell between June 13-August 15, while the show is being promoted on
MGA's social media sites, please contact email@example.com Your painting will be marked sold on the website and you will be given information so you can
send 20% of the sale to MGA.
1. All members whose paintings are accepted for the show are required to sign up for a time to host-sit the show in the gallery during the June 1-12 duration of the show.
All members are invited to host/sit the show whether their paintings are accepted or not. It is a nice experience and open to everyone.
Please access the sign-in sitting schedule here:
2. For this exhibition, artists may enter up to 3 images. Please ensure the images meet the following specifications:
Must be in jpg format only
Only the image of your artwork should show (no frames or extraneous backgrounds)
Images must not be smaller than 1500px on its longest side
Image files cannot exceed 24 MB
Artwork Size Limitations (for McKay Art Centre):
• Must not exceed 40" in width (including frame).
• Under glass must not exceed perimeter size of 124" (including frame).
• Under plexiglas must not exceed perimeter size of 140" (including frame).
g. All accepted pieces must be wired and ready to hang.
Items 1-2: Included with Entry Cost
Item 3: CAN$5.00 per item