Call for Submission
WINDOWS OPEN 2022
WINDOWS OPEN 2022
There are two sides to an artist: the cloistered creator and the exhibitionist. We build our stories behind the glass, but true art needs an audience — needs those windows blown wide open. We are asking our artists this year to be bold, fearless and unapologetically unique. We are asking them to proudly elevate the world with their glorious creations.
The Markham Group of Artists invites all artists from Toronto and surrounding areas to submit paintings to WINDOWS OPEN 2022. This juried online exhibition is open to Markham Group of Artists members and non-member artists. The virtual show will open on September 23rd and run until October 30th on the MGA website gallery and will be promoted on the group’s social media sites. MGA is honoured to have award-winning artist, Ernestine Tahedl,serve as our juror. Awards include cash prizes and a one year MGA membership.
OPEN CALL FOR ENTRY AND SUBMISSIONS: September 2- September 18
ENTRY FEES: MGA members: $20 for 2 paintings, $5 for third painting
Non-members; $30 for 2 paintings, $5 for third painting
JUROR: Ernestine Tahedl
JURYING: September 19 - 21; accepted artists will be notified by email by September 22
SHOW DATES: Sept. 23 – Oct. 30, 2022
Best in Show $275
Members Award $100 plus 1 year membership
Juror’s Choice $125
5 Honourable Mentions
and not previously exhibited in an MGA juried show
1. and are eligible to enter a maximum of three pieces of work in the show
2. Entry fees are payable by credit card online during the submission process.
3. All details on the registration form must be completed before work is submitted. Once the jury process is complete, no changes can be made to this information.
Conditions of Entry
For this exhibition, artists may enter up to 3 images. Please ensure the images meet the following specifications:
Must be in jpg format only
Only the image of your artwork should show (no frames or extraneous backgrounds)
Images must not be smaller than 1500 pxl on its longest side
Image files cannot exceed 20 MB
Information needed for social media postings: add to painting description space
1. Please include your preferred contact information for those wishing to contact you to purchase your painting
2. Include your website and any social media platforms you use
3. Please include a short sentence about each painting, it will be used on the MGA social media sites and in the MGA gallery
Items 1-2: Included with Entry Cost
Item 3: CAN$5.00 per item