Call for Submission
Celebrate Spring 2023
The Markham Group of Artists presents
Celebrate Spring 2023
Online Art Show & Sale
in support of The Markham Food Bank
This year The Markham Group of Artists invites fellow artists to join them in celebrating the coming of Spring by sharing their favourite creations with the world and using this opportunity to benefit our neighbours in Markham. For this show, MGA has raised the entry fee per artwork to $10 and will donate all proceeds from these fees to The Markham Food Bank.
This show is open to all members and non-members. You are invited to submit up to 5 artworks of your choice. This show will be exhibited on our website’s online gallery from April 1 – May 20, 2023. The show will be promoted on MGA’s Instagram and Facebook sites and local media sites. We encourage all participants to promote the show and their work on their own social platforms. Sales will be the responsibility of the artist and MGA will not take a percentage. If you choose to donate a portion of the sale of your artwork to The Markham Food Bank, please state that in the description of your submission. Please also include the contact information you wish to share so interested buyers can reach you.
Online Entry is open: March 10 – March 30, 2023
· The entry fee is $10 for each artwork, you may submit up to 5 artworks. Entry fees are payable by credit card during the submission process. All proceeds from the entry fees will be donated to The Markham Food Bank by the MGA.
· All images must be submitted in jpg format and must be cropped to include only the artwork image.
· Only original artwork (that is, no copies of works by other visual artists, whether paintings, photographs, illustrations or classroom works which have been demonstrated on by instructors) may be submitted.
· For your entry, please have the following information ready for each submission:
o Description: include anything you wish to say about your submission and if you plan to donate a portion of the sale - it will be up to you to forward your donation to The Markham Food Bank.
o Include contact information so that interested buyers can reach you.
· MGA will review each entry and reserves the right to reject any submissions it deems inappropriate or offensive. The entry fee is not refundable.
Please contact Markham Group of Artists email@example.com
First item included with Entry Cost
Item 2: CAN$10.00 per item
Items 3-5: CAN$10.00 per item